Thursday, March 20, 2008


Today Noel Rodo from We Can't Paint featured my Irish Grandmother series on his blog. Noel does accept submissions from photographers and so a little over a week ago I emailed him to see if he would be willing to look at my work. He sent me back a thoughtful email with some very constructive criticism of my website. Then after a few emails back and forth discussing the series he posted about it today. It was really interesting to hear what he had to say about this group of images that is still a work in progress for me. I recommend other photographers to submit to Noel. More than likely he will see something that you didn't.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the photos of your grandmother. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how beautiful the pictures of "Irish Grandmother" are. They make me feel really sad (b/c my own has passed on long before I could experience her beauty like this). They are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment anonymous. It is a project that I have immensely enjoyed doing since it has brought me closed to my grandmother. I am hoping to make another trip to Ireland in December to continue the series. So if you check back in Jan or Feb the series will undoubtedly have grown by then.

    ReplyDelete