Monday, April 7, 2008

"Why am I marrying him?" Becoming a mustachioed man.

In other news CODA magazine (Canadian Jazz Magazine) has commissioned me to do a big group portrait of the Montreal Jazz community. It will all happen Sunday May 4th, location to be determined. It is somewhat of an open invitation so if you are involved in the Montreal Jazz community let me know and I'll keep you up to date with the plans as they unfold. The idea behind the image is to create an historical document of the most important people in the field right now. Toronto and Vancouver will also be doing group portraits May 4th. The photo that seems to have inspired the shoot is this classic taken in Harlem in 1958. Because of the historical implications of this shoot and resulting image, CODA has asked me to keep notes on how the project unfolds and so I will be doing so every once and a while here on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, no pressure. That seems like a very interesting shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - I love your shower curtain!

    Great shot and subject too of course ;)

    ReplyDelete