Saturday, April 12, 2008

If you want to buy prints:

_______________


________________



Well it looks like I am going to do it. In just over a week I am going to go back to Sackville, New Brunswick in order to use the colour darkroom there. Sackville is where I spent my university years (at Mount Allison University) and where my old teacher Thaddeus works. There is no longer a colour darkroom available to me here in Montreal and so Thaddeus kindly offered me his. I expect to spend 9 days of printing 12 hours a day. Should be fun!

So if you have ever been interested in buying some of my work now is the time to speak up. Here's the deal: you can have a 20x24 inch print (image size approx. 19x19 inches) of any of the above images (click on images for a larger view) for $200. Just let me know via email (kate@katehutchinson.com) what you want to purchase before Sunday April 20th and I will happily print one for you in the old school, pitch black, by hand way!

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I can't afford a print but good luck with the darkroom work!

    I have your site RSSd and love checking it as I recently got my hands on a hasslblad and find your posts a great source of inspiration.

    I was pretty sceptical about the WAIMH series but have grown to love it, I plan to start a similar series on girlfriend, even if just for nostalgia reasons.

    It's refreshing to see a fine art photographer (well you WERE on conscientious!) handle a personal project in such a way. I feel alot of photographers on the web fall victim to pretentiousness when it comes to things like this, which is a shame.

    Anyway, good luck in the darkroom. Enjoy it, Robb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robb,
    Thanks for the comment. Moral support is just as important as print buying!! (well money does help sometimes). I am glad that I was eventually able to draw you in with the WAIMH series. A lot of my recent projects have been very personal (grandmother, WAIMH, red counter) and therefore some people don't find them to be accessible. Spring fever has brought me back to the streets and I feel that there will be some less personal stuff coming up soon!
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also cannot afford a print but I just found your blog and I have to tell you your work is absolutely incredible!!! I *LOVE* the waimh series and think you are incredibly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your work! Maybe next time you sell some prints I will have some money saved up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. vfemme2982,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah buying art work isn't easy. I am saving my pennies to do the same!
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love love love your work and the concept of this series. i posted about you on my blog and my readers also really responded to your lovely, contemplative approach.
    www.joannagoddard.blogspot.com
    see my post about you here...
    thanks for the great work, keep doing what you're doing!
    xoxo joanna

    ReplyDelete