Monday, April 4, 2011

I found an old photo of Chris on the meds after his knee surgery.

Things are coming along well for my exhibit. When it's been a while since you last mounted a solo show you forget all the details that take so much time: spotting, trimming, mounting; and then getting the prints in the frames: measuring and cutting spacers, cleaning the glass, etc. Well now all that is done. And my invites were printed today. Last week I did a first practice run of my thesis talk for the MFA class and it went pretty well. Lastly I am doing an artist book to accompany the show (an edition of 25, some of which will be available for purchase in a few weeks). So the images were all scanned and chosen a while ago, now the book layout is done and designed, the image notes for the back of the book are done, but my essay is not finished. So once that is done and the digital layout is double and triple checked I will be printing it out and stitching it together myself. Almost there, I can see the finish line in sight! I am feeling a bit more relaxed so I hope to be posting as usual from now on.

For those of you in Montreal you may not be aware that tomorrow evening Vik Muniz's Waste Land is playing as part of Films That Transform (a series that my father helps to organize) at McGill. I missed it when it was in theaters so I am hoping to find the time to see it tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment