Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pie plates and Food Colouring

I like how this one reminds me of a painter's palette, the basic tool of a classic artist. I find that a lot of the images in this series reference painting. I often thought of the outdoor spaces that I chose as a canvas on which draw with my collections of domestic materials. I took most images from above and when you see the prints on a wall the images look quite flat and canvas-like. The earth as plane on which to create.

For today the young artist Allison Grant. I heard about her work while making this series and at first was somewhat disappointed by the fact that she chose a similar subject (domestic materials in the landscape), but then I realized that our approaches and resulting images were very different and so I didn't loose heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment