Monday, June 21, 2010


In the next two weeks I'll share with you some of my most recent work. This project features my sister, who is a doctor, in the hospital. There are a few doctors in my family and this series is an attempt to understand them and their trade. In this work, called Hospitalis figmentum, my sister plays a doctor character who interacts with her institution and simple medical instruments in mundane and yet slightly off-putting and absurd ways. Hospitalis figmentum references the history of Western medicine, and the cloak of mystery that surrounds it. Through my sister I try to understand medicine and my relationship to it in these images. Above are some of the first, and most straightforward images that we made. More to come in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment