Friday, October 9, 2009



More images from the food in my life.

On Tuesday I was in Ottawa for a CHIN (Canadian Heritage Information Network) project that I am involved in. I spent the day at The National Gallery taking in as much work as I could. I have a definite interest in sculpture these days and I was so happy to see Brian Jungen's Vienna is now installed there. I remember seeing his exhibit at the Musee D'Art Contemporain a few years ago and just being blown away. In the same Contemporary wing as Jungen I discovered the work of Tony Cragg ("A place in my heart"), which is made of dice, and James Carl's cardboard ATM and Fedex sculptures. The CHIN project involves me making work inspired by Tom Thomson's Jack Pine. And so I spent a good bit of time sitting in front of this iconic painting. Of course this is a work that has become part of our national identity and so I have a daunting task ahead of me.